CORENET GLOBAL MID-ATLANTIC CHAPTER HONORS KAISER PEMANENTE’S LORENA GONZALEZ AND OTHER LEADERS IN CORPORATE REAL ESTATE
(Washington, DC – May 10, 2018) The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of CoreNet Global, the world’s leading association for corporate real estate professionals, celebrated exemplary regional achievement at its 2018 Awards of Excellence on Wednesday, May 9, at The Anthem at The Wharf in Washington, D.C.
“With these awards, CoreNet Global Mid-Atlantic recognizes not only exceptional performances in corporate real estate but the spirit and power of collaboration that accelerates the success of our members and their companies,” said Peter Van Emburgh, Senior Managing Director, Global Workplace Solutions at CBRE and 2018 President of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of CoreNet Global.
The awards honored outstanding achievement in commercial real estate in seven categories.
- The Pinnacle Corporate Real Estate Leadership Award was presented to Lorena Gonzalez, Mid-Atlantic Director of Facilities for Kaiser Permanente. Faced with a lease expiration of a 160,000 square foot facility that housed IT and other administrative functions, she spearheaded a major relocation project that will move these functions from Silver Spring into a new facility in New Carrollton in Prince George’s County. To make this project happen, she brought together an interdisciplinary team including the CFO, COO, HR and Strategy leads to guide the process. The New Carrollton facility will allow for growth, cost savings, and most importantly will create a state-of-the-art workplace where employees are proud to come to work. The project exemplifies Ms. Gonzalez’s vision, perseverance and ability to forge powerful collaborations inside her organization as well with the developer and local officials.
- The Corporate Real Estate Young Leadership Award went to Steven Yates, Director of Real Estate and Operations at Vox Media. Yates was saluted for his strategic thinking that consistently delivers optimal results as he focuses on the integration and implementation of innovative technology systems across the Vox portfolio.
- The Corporate Real Estate Partnership Award was presented to DXC Technology and CBRE, saluting a team that with a dynamic plan reinvigorated trust and expanded a 16-year-old relationship achieving millions in savings and high client satisfaction.
- The Service Provider Leadership Award was given to Elizabeth Peterson of Stantec Architecture, who throughout her 30-year career has routinely taken complex projects with tight timelines and budgets and created the plan that hits the goal every time.
- The Best New Workplace Solution Award - Design Excellence was presented to IA Interior Architects and Applied Predictive Technologies, who together created a new workspace based on the vision of its end-users, employing a hands-on design effort to create active and quiet zones to minimize distractions, support workflows and maximize choices.
- The Best New Workplace Solution Award - User Experience went to DPR Construction, who converted a defunct Class C office into a modern, green, efficient and fun place to work. The new design answers a passion for health and wellness, while also serving efficiency and flexibility. It embodies the vision of a living laboratory where technologies, products, and systems for a dynamic construction firm can be showcased.
- The Best Workplace Solution Award, Technology and Innovation was presented to Mitre and JLL for realizing the vision for a collaborative workspace that better responds to the ways in which a nonprofit organization generates success. Tech is a major feature here, with accommodations like 360-degree video conferencing phones and Co-Capture white boards, resulting in flexible workplace, with improved productivity and increased morale for its growing workforce.
A panel of leading corporate real estate executives representing companies such as TD Bank, Johnson & Johnson, PwC, The Hartford Group, and Ericsson judged the award entries.
About CoreNet Global Mid-Atlantic
CoreNet Global is the world's leading professional association for corporate real estate (CRE) and workplace executives, service providers and economic developers. CoreNet Global's 10,000 members, who include 70% of the top 100 U.S. companies and nearly half of the Global 2000, meet locally, globally and virtually to develop networks, share knowledge, learn and thrive professionally. The Mid-Atlantic Chapter offers educational and networking opportunities for corporate real estate professionals from Baltimore through Richmond. For more information, please visit www. http://mid-atlantic.corenetglobal.org/home